Portland DUII Diversion Attorney
Call Adam Greenman today for your free, no obligation consultation – (503) 227-3800
Have you been charged with a DUII for the first time in Oregon and wondering any of the following?
- How to fight a first DUII charge?
- What should I do now that I’ve been charged with a DUII?
- Are there options for a first time DUII offense in Oregon?
- Can a DUII diversion program clear my record?
Fortunately, in Oregon you have options after commiting your first DUII offense. Participating in a DUII diversion program allows for most defendants to have the charges dismissed after successful completion of the program.
At Adam Greenan Law, we help those charged with first time DUII offenses get accepted into DUII diversion programs. We’ll help you get your life back on track.
Is this your first DUI/DUII?
FIRST TIME OFFENDER $1800 FLAT FEE
with a 10% discount for full payment up front.
What is a DUII Diversion Program?
Completion of an Oregon DUII diversion program spares you from having a conviction on your record. DUII convictions, unlike some other charges in Oregon, are not expungeable. This means you’ll have a DUII conviction on your record for the rest of your life.
Convictions can hurt your ability to...
- Pass Background Checks: For instance, volunteering at your kids school could require passing a background check
- Find Work: Some jobs requiring vehicle operation automatically eliminate any candidates with DUII convictions. You’ll also always have to check that you have a prior conviction on employment applications.
- Live in the Home You Want: In today’s competitive real estate market, any conviction can hurt your chances to pass rental and mortgage applications.
Fortunately, there is another way. Completing a DUII diversion program can stop the conviction in its tracks and let you live the life you want to live.
Am I Eligible for Oregon DUII Diversion Program?
To be eligible for Oregon’s DUII diversion Program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- This is your first DUII or you have not been convicted of a DUII felony in 15 years
- You are not currently going through a DUII diversion program in another state, nor have you completed one in the last 15 years
- Over the past 15 years you have not been charged with aggravated vehicular homicide or driving-related murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, or assault. No charges can be pending either.
- You didn’t have a commercial drivers license or weren’t driving a commercial vehicle at the time
- Your driving under the influence did not harm or kill anyone
If eligible, Adam Greenman Law can help you take the necessary steps in court to enter the diversion program.
What is Required to Pass Oregon’s DUII Diversion Program?
In order to have a conviction cleared from your record, you must complete every step of the diversion program. Failure to comply with even one section can mean expulsion from the program.
Steps you must take include:
- Pay court fees of $490
- Complete mandatory substance evaluation
- Attend alcohol treatment sessions ranging from 90 days through 1 year
- Abstain from alcohol for one year – occasional urinalysis will be taken
- Install a ignition interlock device on your car for one year
- Attend of a victim impact treatment session to hear the story of someone affected by a DUII
Adam Greenman can help guide you through this process to ensure completion so you can get back to living your life.
"Adam Greenman is an honest, upright, straight shooting, extremely qualified lawyer. He does everything he can to take care of your issues and you can feel 100% assured that he would act professionally and responsibly. He gained valuable experience as a public defender. He will not leave a stone unturned as he works to sort out your case. Even if your case is not worth a large amount of money to him, he will give it the same attention to a case that could potentially allow him to bill significant hours or on a retainer that could prove lucrative to him. He is very easygoing and his demeanor is re-assuring and comforting."
- Phillip Silberberg, MD on Google+
Call Adam today for a free, confidential consultation today – (503) 227-3800
About Adam Greenman Law
Adam Greenman has been standing up for the underdog since he started his career as a district attorney in Multnomah County. An expert in DUII defense, Adam works tirelessly to ensure justice for his clients.
I have no prior convictions on my record – can I enter a diversion program?
Yes. Oregon’s diversion program is designed specifically to help and rehabilitate first-time DUII offenders. As long as you meet the requirements and fulfill each part of the program, you will not have a DUII conviction on your record.
Can I complete an Oregon DUII diversion program if this is not my first DUII offense?
Unfortunately, DUII diversion programs are solely for first-time offenders. The one exception is if your DUII conviction was more than 15 years ago, in which case you can complete the diversion program.
There are still steps you can take to limit the effect of a second or third DUII conviction on your record. See our DUII page below to learn more.
Will there be any sign of my DUII on my record?
Successful completion of the DUII Diversion program allows for a dismissal of your DUII charges. This means you will not be convicted of any crime after completing the diversion program.
In order to keep track of any possible subsequent DUII charges, DMV record checks will reveal a DUII Diversion completion even after completion of the program.
What happens if I fail part of my diversion program?
If you fail your diversion program, a court will have a hearing to determine if you are disqualified from the program. If you are, a guilty plea will automatically be entered and the DUII conviction will be on your record permanently.